At Rail Vision we create innovation and shape the future of the railway industry!
Join our great company with a genuinely great culture where you can be part of a vibrant team which strives with enthusiasm for success.
Mechanical Design Engineer for Opto-Mechanics team
About The Position
Rail Vision is a vibrant and fast-growing multidisciplinary startup headquartered in Ra'anana. We utilize the latest Artificial Intelligence and Electro Optics technologies and develop lifesaving, vision systems for the global railway market.
We are seeking a highly motivated Mechanical Design Engineer with high technical capabilities. In this role, you will be part of a small, experienced and talented team and take part in designing complex opto-mechanical systems and components and electronic packaging. Moreover, you will participate in outdoor development experiments and practical mechanical assembly.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Design opto-mechanical multidisciplinary systems, from Concept to production.
- Design electronic packaging for outdoor systems.
- Participate in design validation experiments.
- Participate in hands-on assembling of mechanical systems.
- Take part in hands-on problem solving for mechanical assemblies and parts.
- B.Sc in Mechanical Engineering.
- At least 7 years of experience in multidisciplinary design.
- Proven experience in SolidWorks CAD software.
- Proven experience in manufacturing methods such as machining and sheet metal bending
- Ability for both team and independent work.
- Willingness to take part in outdoor design tests and experiments.
- Hands-on approach and Ability for mechanical work.
- Experience in electro optics
- Plastic molding and 3D printing