Senior Computer Vision Developer
Rail Vision is a vibrant and fast-growing multidisciplinary startup headquartered in Ra'anana. We are the leading provider of obstacle detection & classification systems in the railway industry around the globe, supporting Autonomous Train Operations. With our unique cognitive sensor fusion technology, based on advanced electro-optic sensors and deep learning, Rail Vision systems detect objects on and along the tracks from up to 2 kilometers away, in real-time, and in all weather and lighting conditions. We provide systems capable of operating in various environments: On mainline and high-speed rail, in urban environments, and in challenging switchyards. Rail Vision offers a range of complementary features based on collected and analyzed data: Image-based Navigation, GIS Mapping and Predictive Maintenance.
We’re looking for a brilliant Computer Vision senior engineer to join our Algorithm R&D team researching and developing solutions for perception, prediction, and planning challenges, using state of the art Deep Learning and other algorithms.
What will you do?
• Leverage state of the art algorithms from the fields of Machine Learning and Deep Learning in order to create innovative algorithmic products and provide value to our customers.
• Research, design, develop, and optimize solutions for various autonomous vehicle tasks, based on product and customer requirements, in order to fulfill Rail Vision’s development objectives. Such tasks include Image Processing, Object Detection and Tracking, Range and Velocity Estimation, SLAM, Sign and Signal Detection, Automated Emergency Braking, and others.
• In this position you will be responsible for the complete development cycle: From the early stages of problem analysis and target definition, through the research, design, implementation, and evaluation stages.
• Support and mentor your teammates in DL research and development and serve as a center of competence in the company, in order to continuously improve the algorithm group’s capabilities.
• Resolve complex issues in efficient and effective ways in order to delight our customers and clear a path for our next product innovations.
• Work closely with the systems, physics, sensors, software, and qualification groups in order to maintain Rail Vision’s technological advantage.
· At least 3 years’ experience implementing Deep Learning neural networks for Computer Vision tasks.
· At least 5 years’ experience in algorithm research and development.
· Experience with a wide array of crafted and learned Computer Vision techniques.
· Experience with Deep Learning libraries such as TensorFlow or PyTorch.
· Proven ability to resolve complex issues in efficient and effective ways.
· Development experience in Python, MATLAB or C++, strong hands-on capabilities.
· Experience with quality management techniques such as source control, code reviews, and task management & bug tracking systems.
· Proven experience being a valuable part of a highly technical team and organization, as well as being able to work independently and deliver results.
· Good written and oral communications skills.
· Experience with autonomous systems.
· Experience with Software Development best practices.
· Experience with MLOps.
· Advanced degree (M.Sc. or above) in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or a related field.
· Familiarity with state-of-the-art Electro-Optical and other sensors.
· Familiarity with Deep Learning on NVIDIA GPUs and TensorRT